Gå till innehåll

inkoppning???? stämmer detta

Lindqvist

Rekommenderade inlägg

http://www.reefcleaners.org

Acclimation

All Animals at this Time:

1. Float the bag in your tank to get the animals used to the temperature in your aquarium.

2. Wait 15 minutes.

3. Add animals to the tank, discard shipping water and any towels used in the packaging.

Important: Snails may go through shock during shipping, and be closed when they arrive. You should give them plenty of time to come out of their shells and move around before deciding they didn't make the trip. Ceriths may go dormant for up to 3 days.

You may find this to be different than the acclimation procedure you are used to carrying out. The reason we now ask our customers to use this procedure is because our snails and crabs live intertidally, and can handle swings in ph/salinity without a problem. However, what they can't handle is toxic levels of ammonia. During the shipping process, ammonia levels in the shipping bags build, while the ph level goes down. As the ph goes down the toxicity of ammonia also goes down. However, when your tank water with normal ph is introduced to the shipping bags, and the ph rises, so does the toxicity of the ammonia, and you will be poisoning the livestock. Please don't do this and certainly never let livestock sit out in buckets with shipping water exposed to fresh air for a long period of time, we know of no surer way to kill your new arrivals. Any other method of acclimation voids the Alive Arrival Guarantee. It is an easy method of acclimation and it works fine, please follow it.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Verkar ju rimligt, fast det gäller kanske bara sniglar och eremiter/krabbor som det står i texten, dessa kanske är särskilt känsliga och ovanstående förklaring kanske kan förklara att många förlorar sina nyainköpta turbosar/eremiter.

Ser fram emot fler kommentarer när experterna vaknar till liv ;)

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det är en bra metod när det gäller djur som lever i tidvatten - bränningszonen. Det är djur som i naturen klarar stora svängningar i temperatur och salthalt. När det gäller fiskar är det annorlunda. Generellt klarar de sänkning av salthalt mycket bättre än höjning.

Lasse har i en tråd här på forumet visat en bra metod om än lite omständig. Man justerar saltvatten i hinkar till samma temperatur och salthalt som i leveranspåsarna. Sedan sänker man pH med koldioxid till samma värde som det är i påsarna och flyttar fiskarna tvärt. Med genomluftning höjer man sedan pH till samma värde som i karet och flyttar tvärt.

Men detta gäller bara djur som gått i långa transporter. Är det normalt pH i påsarna finns det ingen anledning att krångla till det så här.

Då är en helt normal inkoppning det humanaste.

Att tänka på är att när man tempererar påsarna bör man ha ljuset släckt. Panik belastar fiskar hårt när de är svaga efter transport.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...