Gå till innehåll

mera borneman.......

crille

Rekommenderade inlägg

fick ett mail idag från patrick, på reefaquriumguide! turerna kring kraschen verkar inte ta slut, och borneman verkar inte vilja bidra med något,vilket är synd då han är/har varit ett aktat namn. bifogar mailet med länkar om någon tycker detta är intressant att följa.

know this topic has popped up on a few other boards and has thus been closed. In true RAG fashion, I would like to open flame free discussion on this topic.

It appears that in Feb 2004 Eric Borneman an "Aqua Guru" submitted an application to house and grow colonial lines of protected stony corals from the florida reefs.

It appears that Eric had intentions of growing them and propagating them for financial gain.

It appears that Eric housed the corals and such in his home and in Reef Savers a commerical coral business.

It appears Eric took corals that were slated for transplantation by the Navy and went out side of his collecting permit.

It appears that Eric did not care properly for the corals and instead went on many trips while he knew the corals were in jeopardy.

It appears that the US government had to DEMAND that Eric return the corals and did not give them back after several requests.

It appears that Eric may have mixed the Atlantic corals with Pacific corals thus dooming them to a life of captivity and making them unsuitable for eventual transplantation into the wild.

I believe it is time for answers. These are the property of the USA. Thus it directly affects you and our future hobby.

I believe it is essential we all discuss this situation. It's repercussions for our hobby are unfathomable!

As such I have released all restrictions and opened the boards to all registered members for discussion of this topic-yes it is that important!

The thread can be found here:

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/forum/current-events/101872-borneman-corals-federal-government.html

It is time for answers. Did these things really happen? Where is Eric to tell us what truly happened? Is this the travesty that it really seems?

Eric where are you?

Can someone please provide information?

Check out the documents released via the freedom of information act posted on www.opportunitylost.org - The "Borneman Corals"

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Vet inte hur de e med de där men om det är sant så får väl Borneman göra en "Mona Sahlin"

ja,men han får hitta på nåt eget, han kan ju inte köra med toblerone o tamponger.:skrattar:

hur som helst,verkar det som om det är girigheten som varit framme......

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag tycker det hela verkar vara en konstig affär. Oavsett vad som egentligen hänt eller vem, om någon, som egentligen är skyldig lär både Borneman som forskare, ganska tråkigt eftessom han är en mycket bra sådan, och revakvariehobbyn som helhet lida av detta.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...