Gå till innehåll

Skummare - Red Sea Prizm

troffe

Rekommenderade inlägg

Ja regeln är som alltid, mer belastning på miljön desto mer att hålla rent. Jag hade en gång 20 tropheus som sket 5 cm per dag..Mycke skit blev det. Det var inge skojj! Rengöring o vatten byten varje vecka. Det var fräscht i typ 2 dar.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag har haft en sea clone själv. Fungerade bra till mitt 220 liters kar på den tiden, i alla fall ett tag. Kvalitén på pumpen verkade Lite smått sunkig då den behövde bytas ut. Jag modifierade ävenmin sea clone lite så att den skulle skumma på bättre genom attförkorta det upprätstående röret inut i den.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Ärligt talat så minns jag faktiskt inte riktigt, det var fruktansvärt länge sedan! Men jag fick alla instruktionerna om hur man gjorde från reefcentral.Har för mig att man kapade hela röret först och kortade sedan det till önskad längd.. och sen limmade man tillbaks det med något bra lim igen på sin plats. Det funkade hur bra som helst i alla fall! Du kan ju alltid ta och göra någon sökning där och se vad du hittar, så ska jag kolla efter ifall jag hittar tråden igen!

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Sökte lite på red sea prizm skummaren å hittade detta:

Customer reviews for Red Sea Prizm Pro Deluxe Hang-on Protein Skimmer

5stars.gifSweet skimmer by Doc Hartig

I have a 75 gallon reef tank with a heavy bio-load. This skimmer whips the crap out of the water so fast its incredible.

Rate Review: 5

<H3>Guide Review - Red Sea Prizm Protein Skimmer</H3>The Red Sea Prizm skimmer is a compact unit which includes a venturi skimmer, integral water and air regulators and a skim enhancing, 2 stage, convergent-divergent reaction chamber. This skimmer is becoming very popular with aquarists with small to medium sized tanks up to 90 gallons. Users have reported that the impeller can be noisy, but that appears to be the old 12 blade units, which the manufacturer will replace with a quieter, more efficient impeller on request. ¨

Prizm

Pro Deluxe Protein Skimmer

Reviewed by:

We aquired a unit for use in our test tanks and tested it in both our 54g Oceanic Corner reef tank and our 30g Oceanic Long reef tank.

This unit has an external submersible pump, a 40oz collection cup, an adjustable height surface skimmer, filtration media basket, and carbon.

With its 2-stage convergent/divergent reaction chamber design and large collection cup, this unit is only 20" high, and needs only 2" of depth to the wall, although we would recommend you leave more, for easier access.

Assembly is relatively straightfoward, although the manual and its drawing can be a bit confusing. We had this unit assembled and ready for testing in approximately 10 minutes. When testing the unit in the sink for watertightness, we fould that when we had inserted the submerisble pump, the O-Ring had fouled and not created a proper seal. It took several attempts before we were able to get the

O-Ring to seat properly and an effctive seal created. After further investigation, it appears that either the O-Rings rubber is to soft and

subject to distortion, or the O-Ring used is slightly too large.

Once watertight, we installed the unit as a hang-on on the corner tank. Installation was straigtforward, with a large plastic screw affixing the unit to the back wall of the tank.

Following the directions we then primed, and started the skimmer. Adjusting the skimmers flow is done by turning a large black knob on the intake tube. This controls in the rate at which the incoming water is taken into the system. We found that adjusting the skimmer intake is more of an art than a science, and it took several days(and overflows) to get it set correctly, and not filling the collection cup with straight water.

In daily use one of the problems that we found is that the units dark plastic tint, while attractive, made it hard to determine when the collection cup contents were reaching the top.

Once setup and running, this unit is an effective effective skimmer and has performed admirably since put into operation.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

HÅ,hå ja,ja Marin depot tycker att jag ska ha en Aqua c remova i stället. Det är tur att man är flexibel..Stöön. Precis när man har läst in sig på något som man tror är det rätta...smiley5.gifDet ärtur att man inte har börjat handla än!

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...