Cheers 
Its not needed
Basically you need only a biological filter and water changes

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 månader senare...

Yes Sir.

Tank is up and running. All is good, I had a bit of brown stuff on the rock but my fantastic lawnmower blenny did take care of it, so basically I experienced no to very little ugly stages as of today. I am still dosing MB7 weekly just to be safe. I also add Ozone generator and since then water is crystal clear.

few more fish out of quarantine and in the tank 2 nights ago:

Ctenochaetus flavicauda

Labroides dimidiatus

(I bought these 2 along with Acanthurus Guttatus and Acanthurus leucosternon from Företagsakvarium. Unfortunately UPS was late 2 days with shipping and the two acanthurus didn't make it.)

Replaced the Acanthurus leucosternon along with 10 Blue-Green Chromis and a Bicolor blenny from Zoo.se

All of them are in main display as of two nights ago and no major fight with the existing tang gang...

I still have a Ctenochaetus tominiensis in another quarantine tank and soon I hope I will have more fish from Aquariatech to fill the empty quarantine systems :) I was busy cleaning and refill them up yesterday :D 

I am retiring two of the small quarantine tanks on top of my saltwater mixing station to replace it with a big 250 liter shallow aquarium (under construction by Akvarielagret). this will allow me to quarantine corals very soon. I am going to have exact same lights on top of it as my display tank to help the acclimation process much easier.

Pictures will come soon.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

35 minuter sedan, farham60 skrev:

Yes Sir.

Tank is up and running. All is good, I had a bit of brown stuff on the rock but my fantastic lawnmower blenny did take care of it, so basically I experienced no to very little ugly stages as of today. I am still dosing MB7 weekly just to be safe. I also add Ozone generator and since then water is crystal clear.

few more fish out of quarantine and in the tank 2 nights ago:

Ctenochaetus flavicauda

Labroides dimidiatus

(I bought these 2 along with Acanthurus Guttatus and Acanthurus leucosternon from Företagsakvarium. Unfortunately UPS was late 2 days with shipping and the two acanthurus didn't make it.)

Replaced the Acanthurus leucosternon along with 10 Blue-Green Chromis and a Bicolor blenny from Zoo.se

All of them are in main display as of two nights ago and no major fight with the existing tang gang...

I still have a Ctenochaetus tominiensis in another quarantine tank and soon I hope I will have more fish from Aquariatech to fill the empty quarantine systems :) I was busy cleaning and refill them up yesterday :D 

I am retiring two of the small quarantine tanks on top of my saltwater mixing station to replace it with a big 250 liter shallow aquarium (under construction by Akvarielagret). this will allow me to quarantine corals very soon. I am going to have exact same lights on top of it as my display tank to help the acclimation process much easier.

Pictures will come soon.

Good report. Thank you 🙌😉

It looks stunning. Looking forward to see the pictures, or even better a video update. 

Ändrat av Casio
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

8 minutes ago, Jois said:

Looks amazing. 

Love that you take the time to quarantine new fishes. That's serious. 

:)

How much ozon are you dosing? 

Via skimmer? 

Thanks.

Yes, I use Ozon in my display via skimmer. I have 50mg ozon generator and I have it on 30% turning it on 8 hours a day if ORP is less than 350 monitoring by Apex

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

New coral quarantine/frag tank came yesterday from Akvarielagret 😊

It is filling up with water from my display tank via auto water change system.

The lights are on their way from Whitecorals...

20210414_190408.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 veckor senare...

Busy week...got some corals from @Kim Rosenqvistand @MichaelE absolutely brilliant and nice corals 👍

They are doing well except one that died overnight 😑

Rented a PAR meter and adjusted the intensity of Radions to 70% to have overall 300 PAR in most of the tank 😁 frag tank needed only 55% 

New fish in quarantine...waited 3 weeks for a yellow tang from another reefer but that didn't happen so today I start the copper treatment for the residents of 

Quarantine 1: Magnificent foxface,  Convict tang and a midas belenny 

Quarantine 2: another midas belenny, 7 lyretail anthias and a small yellow tang from Masterfisch.

20210501_162142.jpg

20210501_162119.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 4 veckor senare...

Can you explain how you plumbed in your Clarisea SK5000. I installed mine into my 900 with a new gate valve and now with valve wide open I had to turn down my two COR 20 return pumps to 30% just to get water level out of the emergency line. I have no flow now

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Can you explain how you plumbed in your Clarisea SK5000. I installed mine into my 900 with a new gate valve and now with valve wide open I had to turn down my two COR 20 return pumps to 30% just to get water level out of the emergency line. I have no flow now
Hi
I have my two COR20 on 25%
Problem is Clarisea uses 32mm and return on the tank is 40mm so its natural to reduce the flow.
If you want I can send you a picture.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Thanks. Mine sits 20 cm off bottom on plexi stand. I did this on previous tank as well. Water is forced through fleese due to gravity. Fleese will last longer. My roll was new on Sunday. I will let you know how long it lasts.

IMG_1319.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

I have not been able to figure out what is causing the water level in my sump to be going up and down. It changes every 12 seconds by an inch. Driving me nuts as I cannot get auto top off to function properly or the skimmer.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

7 hours ago, Dogger62 said:

I have not been able to figure out what is causing the water level in my sump to be going up and down. It changes every 12 seconds by an inch. Driving me nuts as I cannot get auto top off to function properly or the skimmer.

Are you sure you have your COR pumps on constant mode? maybe they are ramping up and down.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...