Gå till innehåll

Solar Powered Reefer 3XL 900

Rekommenderade inlägg

8 minutes ago, nike83 said:

jag hade liknande problem i min uppstart. 

det som verkar trigga dinos är 0 i fosfat och död sten i nystartat kar.

jag blev av med min dino med hjälp av stort UV (jag hade 80w+25w på mina 750 liter) och total mörkläggning i några dygn (tror 3). 

I did the 3 days blackout twice...apparently it doesn't work on this type of dino (Prorocentrum). 

I am dosing a lot of Phosphorus and nitrate in the tank but levels are still low.

Started with Phytoplankton but I have no hope on that plus dosing MB7 every other day...hopefully silicate tonight will make a dent.

This tank was built with live rock but not much of it and no fish in the tank make it harder to maintain proper nutrition for good bacteria.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

20220203_140838.jpg.cbe31ea258e7429c8d2dd22a9df0628d.jpg

Ordered some AF Fiji mud plus other things ...

Let's see if this mud can do miracles 😄

Its not my first time using this mud but would be interesting if it can help me with dino problems in coral quarantine tank 🤞

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

A very special fish in my quarantine tank...

An Acanthurus Polyzona. The last member of my tang gang (I promise 😄) #10

Since its the 10th tang and obvious pattern I will name him after my all time favourite football player... Alessandro Del Piero ⚽

Thanks @Whiskey Lee for nice fat fish 👍

20220206_163051.jpg.b2fe9711469f052c4740375c813b1d2e.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 4 veckor senare...

Here is one of the latest additions; Hybrid of Acanthurus leucosternon and Acanthurus nigricans.

It has a bit conflict with my other tangs but nothing serious...I am open to let him go if someone is interested in him or the situation escalates.

20220307_175635.jpg.b859bd8f1f2be9a25ec80d5007ac1ef0.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 veckor senare...

My Achilles hybrid and behind him, Polyzona tang.

They get along very well but achilles doesn't like the powder blue hybrid very much 🤔 😕 

IMG_20220323_125035_447.jpg.8b2967c07afd8d0bb31cb340efd415b2.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 veckor senare...

Happy weekend. 

All seems to be good and everyone happy in the tank.

Keeping the pH between high of 8.22 and low of 8.16

Alk at 9.5

Cal 430 and Mg 1330

20220409_194259.jpg.20ee31025fe2047505b45d31916d09d4.jpg

Added Cheato and Neptune's GRO light to the system as well to keep the phosphate and nitrate down.

20220405_213929.jpg.e1e5d5b1b7c808bdb642227d0ab9bd0e.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 veckor senare...

The latest addition to the amazing gang of fish I have...

A copperband butterflyfish...quarantine was no problem since this guy came from a tank breakdown and was eating frozen already. 

20220426_120401.jpg.f4c51fbba3c6cf923a4c81ffca11dcbf.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 veckor senare...

Many new frags in QT now including;

Homewrecker 

Cherry bomb

Rainbow tenius

Indo pikachu 

Jiggly puf 

Reverse sunset monti

Indo rainbow monti 

And more from Fauna Marine and K²

20220511_205911.jpg.a7db1292810ca9c9ec6e8f2e7ee84b34.jpg

Ändrat av farham60
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 1 månad senare...

We went for a one week vacation in Turkey and I was receiving really low Alk test results on Trident...Haven't calibrated the machine for a while and before cranking up the 2part dosing from far away I asked my good friend @Jois to go to my home and do a manual check for me :) he was kind enough to accept and went there to discover my Nyos media reactor went haywire (the top was fallen out and it was splashing water everywhere)...water was going through cabinet to the floor for what I think could be going on for couple of days.

I have a leak sensor both on the floor and inside cabinet but because of stupid Neptune Systems "logic" somehow Trident alarms had higher priority than my leak detections...and the fact that you only get one alarm at a time from Fusion  😑

I don't want to move the tank or change the stand but I might have to if the insurance guys say I must :( 

I ordered two Wyze cameras to install inside the cabinet as I am going to travel a lot more on my new job. 

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

jag hade otur (jag klantade mig) med en osmos-slang och det resulterade i typ 10 liter vatten på golvet under akvariet. då torkade jag upp så mycket som möjligt och sedan lät jag det stå kvar. när jag sedan flyttade så hade jag mindre märken i pareketten som jag fixade (blev inte helt 100) genom att slipa och lacka. för mig så var det inget alternativ att flytta på karet. 

det verkar helt galet att de prioriterar KH över läckage! 

• Gilla 1
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

9 hours ago, nike83 said:

jag hade otur (jag klantade mig) med en osmos-slang och det resulterade i typ 10 liter vatten på golvet under akvariet. då torkade jag upp så mycket som möjligt och sedan lät jag det stå kvar. när jag sedan flyttade så hade jag mindre märken i pareketten som jag fixade (blev inte helt 100) genom att slipa och lacka. för mig så var det inget alternativ att flytta på karet. 

det verkar helt galet att de prioriterar KH över läckage! 

I had freshwater damage before but this is saltwater and salt will remain and do further damage 😔 underneath the parket is concrete so I am not so much worried but the stand itself make me a bit nervous...contacted RedSea and they assured me if it not swollen then its OK... I can't see any swollen places on stand but to be sure I will empty the sumps and take a better look. Insurance will also send people to check with humidity measurement devices today 👍 hopefully I dont need to move the beast.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Have to have the dryer for two weeks... hopefully no need to move the aquarium. The stand also looks OK but I think I will empty the sump and take it out just to be sure.

20220615_190719.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Last week I went to @Zoo.se and replaced my Flame angelfish and on the way back home at @Triton Akvarium bought another angelfish with 30% discount 👌

IMG_20220623_212858_375.jpg.1969937046b8f73e319a3f0852849a10.jpg

Also got 2 Wyze webcams to have a better look when I am away from the tank.

Thankfully there were no damage to the stand and next time I will not stuff the media reactor to the edge 😬

Screenshot_20220623-190705_Wyze.jpg.042a08ba88cf129bc80b77c07ef66ad8.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 1 månad senare...

It's time to write a quick update on the tank.

Everything doing great. Corals are growing and coloring up nicely. Fish are happy and healthy. 

Tested the water after a month and results are good.

KH 9.4 (trident says 8.6)

Ca 412 (trident says 530)

Mg 1300

Phosphate 0.02

Nitrate 12.1

Salinity 34.1

Ph 8.3

Took out 2kg cheato out of sump...it was not even the half :D

Since I am not buying new corals and not quarantine anything at the moment in coral qt tank I moved 3 of my tangs there for an algea outbreak cleaning and they did a fantastic job of cleaning everything 👍 very satisfied with their work (blonde naso, purple tang and powder blue hybrid).

I purchased this nice and cute Orangeback angelfish but unfortunately my Polyzona tang was going after him for kill after one week of calm so I decided to move him to coral qt as well.

Naso and purple tang will go back to the DT in near future but I need to find a new home for the Orangeback angelfish and Power blue hybrid tang as well as my cleaner wrasse. 

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...