Gå till innehåll

Refugium lights for chaeto

Zohaib Mussadiq

Rekommenderade inlägg

On 2020-11-21 at 23:28, Zohaib Mussadiq skrev:

Can sny experienced reefer tell me a cheap light for refugium. 

Also is it worth it to have chaeto? What are other options that are easy and effective to keep aquarium healthy. 

Thanks in advance 

You can always go cheaper but normally you need some good wattage to really power up the growth of chaeto. If your lights i weak it will still grow chaeto but it will also only give a slight effect on your nitrates and phosphate. If you plan to use chaeto for your primary extraction you should probably invest some money in your light. 

I saw a real difference when I bought a prime hd fuge. That little thing is a monster 👍

• Gilla 1
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

5 minutes ago, Kim Rosenqvist said:

You can always go cheaper but normally you need some good wattage to really power up the growth of chaeto. If your lights i weak it will still grow chaeto but it will also only give a slight effect on your nitrates and phosphate. If you plan to use chaeto for your primary extraction you should probably invest some money in your light. 

I saw a real difference when I bought a prime hd fuge. That little thing is a monster 👍

How shall I connect it in sump. What connector shall I buy.
Secondly what’s your suggestion to control nitrates and phosphate ? Chaeto or something else?

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

4 minuter sedan, Zohaib Mussadiq skrev:

How shall I connect it in sump. What connector shall I buy.
Secondly what’s your suggestion to control nitrates and phosphate ? Chaeto or something else?

I suggest you look for a sump-ready-system, like a red sea reefer that has plumping, sump compartments etc all taken care of. 

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

7 minuter sedan, Zohaib Mussadiq skrev:

I have recently bought a 425xl. So now looking a way to use chaeto to control n and p. You think chaeto is good way to do that or is there any other easier or cheaper method available?

Many people report good experience from algae scrubbers. These take up less room but are quite powerful in removing phosphates and nitrates. 

Unfortunately there are not easy to find a commercial product, I think, in Sweden. I've seen several that have made their own. Google or YouTube DIY algea scrubber and check for inspiration :)

I would advise you to watch brstv 5 minute guide to start a saltwater aquarium, on YouTube. It has a lot of good info in short videos, and links to other videos if you need to dive deeper in certain subjects 👍

• Gilla 1
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...