Gå till innehåll

Driving me crazy-bulkhead:_joint socket leaking

Salah

Rekommenderade inlägg

Hi,

I am trying to carry on with my delayed setup and now I am struggling with the this. The bulkhead from the overflow box itself is fine and not leaking after filling the overflow with water for few days.

I filled the aquarium with tap water for leak test and no leaks from the fittings below the bulkhead until i start closing the gate valve (diaphragm valve) then water will start leaking from the joint socket where its connected to the bulkhead. 

I tightened it with hand and did not use excessive force to tight it.

I tried again after applying teflon tape to the bulkhead and still seeing drops leaking after I close the gate valve

I have recorded a small video to show the point where the water will start leaking 

Appreciate your feedback. Not sure what to try next

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFsczLUlslWpyAbBYp1CIcwOg4pyPM0s/view?usp=sharing

image.png.fae27ee4b1d4a01971c9d9cbb69e6590.png

image.png.305e0ef7f0c634d0120043e9f0f62914.png

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Semi-weird bulkhead, but I have never used a threaded one. I still believe the outside thread is just for the nut though, the bulkhead is probably meant to host much smaller pipes than the yellow.

Personally I would either replace it, or try and glue a pipe of correct size on the inside past the internal threads.

I dislike threaded fittings in general but thats just me..

• Gilla 1
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Understood and thanks for your help.

This aquarium is a complete system from Akvastabil i bought few yeas ago but priorities was changed with a newborn and never started my setup. Now trying to carry on with it whenever there is time ehre and there. Many things I have learnt over the last three years from SVG and R2R and now I kinda regret buying the akvastabil complete system. Anyway, so this bulkhead is akvastabil but I already bought two different bulkhead types during the past years when I was changing my design every couple of months how to plump everything  :D instead of the akvastabil org design 

I got few tips from facebook group and I will try them. If did not workout, I will use the other ones I bought like this

https://www.aquariumplumbing.co.uk/buy-aquariumplumbing.asp?ID=66&ProdGrp=151

Sorry No Picture

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...