Gå till innehåll

Info om schuran flowbox

acuario

Rekommenderade inlägg

Jag har fått massor av frågor om denna överringsbox och jag tänkta lägga ut lite info om denna här så alla som är intresserade kan läsa lite om den.

Installation and manual for FLOWBOX

FLOWBOX is a overflow construction for aquaria without any bottom wholes. The function bases on the long known „principle of connected tubes“ in which the water level of connected tanks is always tending to approximate. By using the FLOWBOX it becomes possible to conduct water from the aquarium into a filtersump below the aquarium or into in anther aquarium at a lower level.

Field of use:

-connection between aquarium and filtersump independent if fresh- or saltwater

-connection of two aquaria, f.e. to isolate animals without reduction of water quality, especially important in saltwater systems.

In both cases a pump hauls the water back into the aquarium with the higher level.

Installation:

FLOWBOX has 7cm space in between the inlet and outflow chambers to give the user best options to install it even when larger stabilisers of glass aquaria have to be bridged over. When only small distances are to be bridged over it is of importance to adjust the FLOWBOX by lining any material in the free space. The fitting for 32mm tube belongs to the dispatch and is used to hold and adjust the tube conducting the water back into the aquarium. Adjustment is done by the screw of the fitting which is closed around the tube. The tube should project inside the outflow chamber for at least 3cm. This tube is lengthened into the filtersump or the aquarium. It is of importance that the tube is never closed for this would effect the filtersump to be pumped empty and the water would flow over the edge of the aquarium.

First use:

When tubing is finished and the FLOWBOX is adjusted in horizontal level, it can be filled with water. In the first step the two chamber have to be filled with water, in the inner volume has to be evacuated via a hose which is to be attached to the blue nipple on top. Therefore the air inside the Flowbox has to be sucked out. There are different possibilities reaching the evacuation:

- air is sucked out through the attached hose by the mouth and is then closed by a tap valve immediately.

- permanent connection to a powerhead pump which originates low pressure by a venturi valve. This is done by a 5mm air hose. For safety reasons the pump should be submerged totally that even in case of electricity is turned off the pump is not exposed to the air and air could enter the hose.

After evacuation is done the haul pump can be switched on and water starts flowing through the FLOWBOX.

Controls:

- check the comb always to be clean.

- If larger amounts of air is accumulating in the inner chamber of the FLOWBOX new evacuation is necessary to guarantee the water passage.

Technical data:

dimensions: 270mm x160mm x195mm (lxbxh), free space in between the chambers 70mm.

capacity: approx. 1800-2000 l/h.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

En mycket viktig sak för att få en stabil drift av boxen är en pump som suger ut vattnet som vill samlas i toppen och när det kommer för mycket luft så slutar boxen att fungera med risk för översvämning i karet så även om man har kranen stängd på avluftningsslangen så kommer det in luft med vattnet som då samlas i toppen man kan ju alltid suga ut luften manuellt med munnen men det måste man göra varannan dag och sedan är det en ytterligare sak som talar emot denna metod nämligen strömavbrott eller dyl. Lösningen på detta är som sagt var en pump en vanlig powerhead. (Se bild)

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Hej!

Tack för bra info!

Fattar inte helt måttangivelserna dock, vad är längd och var är bredd i detta fallet? Har jag uppfattat det hela som det ser ut i bilden?

post-1340-14468912494805_thumb.jpg

Kan du kolla på denna bilden och förtydliga lite vad a, b och c är? Skulle vara skönt att inte behöva flytta ut akvariet typ 2 cm från väggen bara för att boxen är lite för "fet". Nån annan som har boxar med andra mått?

Mvh

Per

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 1 månad senare...

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...