Gå till innehåll

95 % Vattenbyte

Casio

Rekommenderade inlägg

Citat av killen som lade upp videon.

" I am a normal guy that happens to realy like this hobby, but I am by no means a marine biologist or a chemist. I had never been too successful with my water chemistry. I always thought I was doing everything right, but somehow, something always went wrong... if I missed a step in the routine, if I overfed, or if, due to my colour blindness, I misread the results of a specific test :) My corals were always just "doing ok".

15 % water changes were never enough to take the water to the quality I aspired to. And yes, it can be blamed on my negligence. However...

One day I was watching a documentary on TV about the Barrier Reef where they described how most sps corals have a defense mechanism to protect themselves from tides ebbing out. They described how some corals remained out of water for lengthy periods of time quite successfully by secreting a mucus that protected them from drying out. I am sure u know that mucus...

That was a lightbulb moment for me. Why was I competing with millions of years of water chemistry trying to recreate it in my tank, when life, being as smart and successful as it is, had already made provisions for resilience? Simple solutions are effective, so I decided to get the water from the source and emulate the natural conditions of a tide. The water that I put in comes straight from the ocean, it has equal parameters to the one I had but it is fully clean. It is also rich in all the oligoelements that I would most likely miss. It is like natural medicine for my corals. The polyps of some corals (like my sun coral) recognise new water immediately and come out to feed.The following day to a water change there is a colour orgasm in my tank :). What can I say? Everything in my tank wants to have babies. You will note there is a sun coral stuck to a power head... Well that is where it was born...

I can only say... It works for me! "

Fråga från en Youtube användare

- TheBSideDJ 1 månad sedanstraight from the ocean ??? are you living 10 meters from the ocean ? or do you have a lot of money ;)... your tank is soooooooo beautiful !!!!

Svar från killen som lade upp videon

- Jaime Andueza 1 månad sedan

Haha. I wish I lived that close to the ocean. It is not far though, and the water is pristine. There is a local business (the Fish Guy in the video) that collects the water for me. It costs $100 every 3 weeks. I can live with that if it means the coral and fish are healthier and I don't have to spend money to replace casualties. It seems ecologically responsible to me. Loving this hobby means we also need to protect it and be responsible with these incredibly beautiful animals

Ändrat av Casio
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Då måste du tillsätta korallfoder. Men av anledning att det inte medföljer korallfoder från havet i vårat "nyblandade" saltvatten blir det inte bättre av att låta det gamla vattnet vara kvar i burken. Det är min uppfattning.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...