Gå till innehåll

Frågor kring drakar

DSB

Rekommenderade inlägg

Skulle inte rekommendar sandvändande sjöstjärnor över huvudtaget, då dom käkar upp alla nyttodjur i sanden och har en tendens att svälta ihjäl efteråt.

Dom är en av dom djur som faktist hör hemma antigen i havet eller i gigantiska saltvattenskar då dom är ruskigt effektiva djur.

Det hade man ingen aning om att det va så. Trots att man blivit rekommenderad av handlare att ha dom för att hålla sanden ren. Men man lär sej något nytt varje dag. Har du info eller länk på det?

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det hade man ingen aning om att det va så. Trots att man blivit rekommenderad av handlare att ha dom för att hålla sanden ren. Men man lär sej något nytt varje dag. Har du info eller länk på det?

Man ska alltid ta vad handlare säger med en nypa salt. För det ligger ju faktist i deras intresse att sälja dig dom djur och produkter som dom har i lager.

Det har funnits många diskussioner på nätat om sandvändande sjöstjärnor lite överallt, men här kan du läsa lite om det i alla fall.

http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/sand-sifting-starfish-job-too-well-done-astropecten-4399/

Samt: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-12/rs/

Astropecten species, (2, 3),

Luidia species

Species from these two genera are similar in shape and are typically dull in color: brown, grey, off-white or black. Along the edges of each ray are large shield-like plates; the plates and their spines are typically much larger in Astropecten species than in Luidia species, resulting in an "armored" appearance to the sides of the arms. Spines on these plates tend to give the sides of the arms a "spiny" appearance. The spinal length, however, may vary significantly from species to species, and in a few species they are only a few millimeters long. Individuals of Luidia species often have limper, more flexible, arms than do Astropecten individuals. Although most of these stars have five rays, Luidia species may have more. They vary a lot in size; Luidia superba, reaching diameters of 1.1 m, is one of the largest sea stars, but most species in this group are smaller, reaching maximum sizes of less than 30 cm. All of these stars tend to exhibit similar behavior. They move across the surface of sediments until they find an area that seems promising, after which they burrow down into the sediment, often rather deeply. While burrowing, any potential food items, and that may be effectively ALL animals, that they can catch are transported to the mouth, ingested and digested. When they are through cleaning the specific area of food, the stars surface to move to a new spot. They will generally not scavenge excess food remaining on the surface, needing instead to collect from below the sediment's surface. These stars need a significant variety of food for good health, and require a lot of food. The amount of animals in a rich sand fauna of a few square meters will support a 10 cm diameter star for no more than few months. Putting one of these animals into a tank with less than several square meters of sediment surface is condemning it to a slow death by starvation.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 veckor senare...

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...