Gå till innehåll

Thailändska snäckor

Waterboy

Rekommenderade inlägg

• 1 månad senare...
Det kan ge dyra straff att samla snäckskal och ta med sig hem det vet du antar jag? ;)

Du kan nog slappna av Waterboy, i alla fall om det är några få stycken det handlar om...

Hittade följande på http://paddleasia.com/responsible_ecotourism.htm, vilket verkar mer rimligt (i alla fall för mig) än "dyra straff för snäcksamlande" ;):

Seashells don't get replaced right away. It takes time to grow a big shell. The sheer numbers are enough to deplete an area's shell-life for a long time. It is thusly illegal to sell seashells from the waters of Thailand, yet they are available in shops. Where do they come from? They mostly come from Indonesia. Many of the shells in Thailand's waters have long disappeared due to the tourists of the past.

There is nothing wrong with taking the occasional empty shell from a beach as long as the live animal isn't still living in the shell. It's the mass-market type of shell collecting, whereby the live animal is yanked out of its housing, and left to die in the sun in most cases, that's the problem.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...