Gå till innehåll

Deltec MCE 600

Guest oceaN

Rekommenderade inlägg

Funderar också på denna skummare. Valet står mellan denna och en

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 267pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=356 border=0 x:str>

<COLGROUP>

<COL style="WIDTH: 267pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 13019" width=356>

<T>

<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17>

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 267pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" width=356 height=17>

Aqua Medic Turboflotor Multi SL. Vilken skulle ni rekommendera som påhängsskummare?

Mvh

Peter</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag kan bara jämföra effektiviteten med träklosskummare jag haft tidigare och då är den överlägsen.

Visst kan den få lite host- och spottsjuka precis när man startar upp den, men det verkar det som att alla skummare kan få. Min hänger nu tyst och snäll på kanten av akvariet och tillverkar oerhört äckligt skum, och det utan att vattennivån i akvariet spelar någon roll.

Nöjd helt enkelt.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Här har du manualen för MCE 600:

http://www.akvarieudstyr.dk/manuals/MCE600.pdf

och en recension från Deltec själva

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cols=3 cellPadding=10 width=500><T>

<T>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><A name=a276>NEW Deltec MCE600 Hang On Skimmer</A>

At last a hang on skimmer that offers true skimming performance.

The new MCE600 skimmer draws in over 300 litres of air per hour, which will make it the most powerful hang on skimmer on the market place by far and suitable for tanks with normal stocking up to 700 litres (155 UK gallons).

In tests we found that most commonly available so called high performance skimmers manufactured by our competitors utilise only 40 - 80 lts of air per hour and are in no way suitable for the tank volumes that they recommend.

Any skimmer will remove waste from a tank when it is at dangerous levels - Deltec skimmers work at a completely different level.

When we put our skimmer onto the same tank as other skimmers the other skimmers stop working.

The waste from a skimmer should be dark and smelly. If your skimmer produces a watery green liquid it may be time for a change.

<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ACTINIC /><ACTINIC:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="276" COMPONENTID="-1"></ACTINIC:PRICE_EXPLANATION>

</TD>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=2>DELTEC-MCE600.JPG</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Här är en person som inte verkar lika nöjd. Någon som äger en MCE600 som känner igen detta? Hela tråden finns här: http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/index.php?s=605c15f3fb004 cecf54632d7a51861be&act=ST&f=3&t=18341&hl=de ltec%20skimmer&st=0

Here is the catlogue of problems with my Deltec hang-on MCE600.......

1. The pump didn't work when it arrived, and as the instructions are somewhat basic I had to be talked through how to remove it by the shop over the phone. Took several attempts and 90 minutes of messing around before it started up.

Subsequently whenever its switched off the pump doesnt restart when its switched back on without tapping it ( !! )

2. It puts micro-bubbles into the tank. I've added filter wool, sponges and all sorts to the outlet chamber to try and reduce this and it has helped but I cant eliminate the micro-bubbles completely. The stupid flange thing that pushes on the outlet is a waste of space, and Ive had to replace it with a piece of sponge.

3. There is no option or way to surface skim which even useless Prism offer.

4. The pump vibtrates against the housing, but its darn near impossible to put a piece of sponge or something under it as you cant get your hand down there to reach it (same problem whenever you have to remove the pump). Appalling design, on something that REQUIRES maintenance to make the pump almost inaccessible is pathetic.

5. Its impossible (on mine) to run at anything less than full open on the air intake. Anything less and the skimmer overflows and also puts a snow storm of micro-bubbles in the tank.

6. The collection cup is extremely difficult and awkward to clean.

7. With the collection cup extended the whole skimmer sits nearly 12 INCHES ABOVE THE TANK!!!! Its a bloody monstrosity, they dont show that in the piccies. Also in the piccies it looks sort of metallic whereas its nasty black plastic. For something thats designed to go on the tank side or back, and therefore on show, they could have smartned it up a bit.

8. IT OVERFLOWS ALL THE F*CKING TIME. Its sits there quite happilly skimming for hours and skims dryish (I have to have the collection cup high becasue of the overflows) then all of a sudden it goes mental and fills the collection cup with water and that overflows into the overflow chamber at such a rate the chamber cant keep up and it pours on the floor. Of course the overflow contains some skimmate and scum so I have to clear up stinking water from the floor a couple of times a day.

I cant leave the thing unattended and operational.

I was advised it takes a week to run it in, well Ive had it a week and still have all the same problems as I had Day 1.

I was seriously thinking of upgrading my tank system to a multi thousand pound Deltec tank, but after this experience with their skimmer I am reconsidering that.

WHEREAS, the Tunze Comline system I first put in the tank which has a standard Tunze skimmer worked a treat. Quiet, skimmed well, didnt do anything strange and worked from the moment I switched it on. I replaced it with the Deltec as the in-tank system was taking up just too much space in my small tank.

I know people have great success with Deltec skimmers, and maybe mine is a rogue one, but I ask you, how hard is it to make a box and stick a pump in it that works quietly, efficiently and with a degree of aesthetics. I can see why they lost the war.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...