Gå till innehåll

Salifert Strontium test...

JMAONE

Rekommenderade inlägg

Mätte för första gången med Salifert strontium test... maken till omständigt test har jag inte varit med om. 5 olika flaskor och 3 sprutor och rågade skopor.... Felmarginalen är +/- 5 mg/L och rekomenderat värde är 10-15.... Tog mig en halvtimma att göra testet... puh.

De här värden fick jag med Salifert:

Ca 435 ppm

Ca 428 ppm (Med Sr testet)

Sr 0-3 mg/L

Ca diffade på 7 ppm mellan Ca och Sr/Ca testen och det är hyffsat...

Ska dosera lite strontium och försöka få upp det lite för att sedan mäta igen... Men med mätskalan nedan så känns felmarginalen på +/- 5% ganska stor.

16 good

10 good

0-3

Vad tycker ni andra som använt det här testet?

PS. blandade ihop 5 % med 5ppm.. det är i och för sig kanske inte så mycket...

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Man kanske till och med ska vara försiktig så man inte får för mycket...

There has never been a published study that showed exactly what happens to the health of corals (as measured via calcification rates or any other means) when strontium is absent.

There have been numerous studies that have shown what happens when strontium is raised above natural levels. In those studies, the amount of strontium incorporated rises linearly with strontium concentration up to at least 300 ppm in Stylophora pistillata.30 It has also been shown that calcium and strontium uptake may use the same pathways, since they are both inhibited by the same organic molecules that block certain protein transporters.30 Depending on the conditions, calcification can increase on adding extra strontium, as it does with added calcium.31,32 Nevertheless, these studies say little about whether natural levels of strontium are important for normal calcification.

Strontium in Marine Aquaria

In a study of 23 marine aquaria, Shimek37 showed that the strontium levels ranged from 4 to 10 ppm, with a mean of 6.8 ppm. Some of these aquarists were likely adding strontium supplements, and some not. My own aquarium, where I have not added any strontium supplements in several years, has a strontium level of 15 ppm (measured by ICP, a technique describe later in this article). That 15 ppm strontium matches my measured value for the Instant Ocean salt mix that I use.

What can be concluded from this data? One obvious conclusion is that some aquaria will maintain strontium levels in the absence of any specific strontium supplements. That result may not apply to all aquaria, however, for the various reasons given throughout this article. Nevertheless, the strontium level in my aquarium is high enough without supplements that I would not like to see it raised. Consequently, I would not recommend that any aquarists add strontium under the assumption that it is low, unless they have actually determined that it is low.

One other comment on strontium in marine aquaria: It has been claimed that strontium is a poison, and was attributed by Shimek 2,3 to be the likely causative factor in the deaths of a wide variety corallimorpharians (mushrooms) in a reef aquarium when the strontium level was raised over a two week period to double natural levels. That certainly could have been the case, but I do not believe that in general a strontium concentration at 2X natural levels is toxic to typical corallimorpharians that aquarists maintain. I have many different species in my aquarium with 2X natural levels of strontium, and most grow quite rapidly, some even being at the pest level. I’ve never had one quickly die after adding it to my aquarium. Perhaps the corallimorpharians that he is referring to actually died from something else.

Hela artikeln på http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2003/chem.htm

plus ytterligare en http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/dec2003/chem.htm

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...