Gå till innehåll

petnym

Rekommenderade inlägg

Håller med Lasse där. Försök ta vattnet till det filtret innan skummaren, samt försök få i vattnet från filtret i insuget till skummaren.

Då får du så syrefattigt vatten som möjligt till filtret samt då har du skaffat dig en liten säkerhet om du går över kanten och får svavelväte i filtret.

Men tänk på att om du får till filtret att gasa ur N så får du ett överskott av F som i sin tur kan sätta kolkällan ur spel.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Lasse & Larry; Det ni beskriver är ju ett modernt nitratfilter som matas med kol. Det är ju också en alternativ väg att gå, men jag förväntar mig nog att dessa dyra media (Sera Siporax och Seachem Matrix / De*nitrate) skall gå köra utan den sortens helt slutna behållare. Det är iallafall vad tillverkarna hävdar. Så jag försöker ett tag till på den nuvarande vägen.

Lördagens mätvärden. Nitrat har ju fått gå upp lite då jag halverat den dagliga dosen av kolkälla för att ge nitrifikationsmediat en chans att visa vad den går för...

post-2486-14468934921408_thumb.png

Ändrat av petnym
Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Trots filter så är det samma gamla bakterier, med samma behov och kol är en begränsning i akvariet. Jag har kört nitratfilter med redox mätare och sett hur kolet påverkar filtret. Tillsätt kol i några dagar bara som startgas så ska du se vilken sprutt du får på filtret.

/Janne*

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det behöver inte vara slutet för att tillsätta kolkälla. Håller med Janne - men prova först som du tänkt dig men ha dessa andra förslag i bakfickan. Varför jag vill ha ett syresatt biofilter efter denitrifikationsfiltret är för att bränna bort surplus av kolkälla som annars går ut i karet och orsakar dimmighet.

MVH Lasse

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 veckor senare...
Nytt mekaniskt filter till akvariet, Theiling rollermat filter, fick plats längst in sumpen efter att jag gjort om rördragning, flyttat grendosan och silikonat in en ny hylla i sumpen... Filtret är en rulle med filtermaterial som vattnet passerar och den gör ett bra jobb att ta partiklar i vattenkolumnen... Till höger en manifold som jag fick flytta några centimeter för att få plats med nya filtret. Framför syns min DIY upflödesreaktor för fosfatabsorber och till vänster facket med Sera siporax.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117692[/ATTACH]

Hur lång är Theiling Rollermat?

/Christian

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Håller med Lasse där. Försök ta vattnet till det filtret innan skummaren, samt försök få i vattnet från filtret i insuget till skummaren.

Då får du så syrefattigt vatten som möjligt till filtret samt då har du skaffat dig en liten säkerhet om du går över kanten och får svavelväte i filtret.

Men tänk på att om du får till filtret att gasa ur N så får du ett överskott av F som i sin tur kan sätta kolkällan ur spel.

Peter - även om du inte tror på det - testa med att ta in kolkällan precis före dit denitrifikationsfilter och sänk flödet en bra bit till - kanske ner till 10 liter i timmen den första tiden. Men doseringen av kolkälla skall vara låg och det kan vara väldigt bra med ett ordentligt syresatt biofilter efter.

Har monterat en pump som återcirkulerar vattnet kring siporax-mediat, samt gjort så att kolkällan doseras i filtret...

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 veckor senare...
  • 2 veckor senare...

Korspostar mitt senaste inlägg på reefcentral, därav engelska...

Taking the O out of FOWLR

Introduction - This tank was setup about 7 years ago as my very first marine / reef tank. A short time later, after having two children, I realized that my time and economy did not let me grow this large tank into a full blown reef tank at that time. Instead it has been running as a FOWLR with just a few corals, mostly green star polyps and mushrooms. A year ago I set up a smaller 200 liter reef cube and got hooked on corals again. Now its time to take the O out of FOWLR and convert my large tank to a mixed reef! This thread covers my 1000 liter FOWLR to mixed reef conversion project.

Plan

The planning / main challenges for this project will be:

1, Reduce the coral chemícal warfare by reducing the amount of mushrooms. I currently have hundreds of Rhodactis indosinensis that also houses some pests.

2, Control of existing flatworm pests by removing most mushrooms, (that houses them), adding a few mandarin dragonets, (that might eat them), and eventually use some chemicals (that hopefully kills the last of them).

3, Upgrade / modify the LED lights to a setup with a bit more violet, 400-420 nm, (for the growth) and improve the area coverage of colors; red, green, cyan, amber, cold blue, etc (for the looks).

4, Reduce phosphates (PO4) and Nitrates (NO3) and simplify future export of nutrients. I've been using carbon source for years but it clogs my mechanical filter so I've been looking for alternatives. I've been experimenting with algae scrubbers, denitrifying media such as Seachem Matrix and Sera Siporax, and the Prodibio range of additatives, but still have to find the right method for my tank.

5, Introduction of corals by taking frags from my 200 liter reef cube.

post-2486-14468935261095_thumb.jpg

Tank Description

Live stock - The display tank houses 7 Tangs, 4 Dwarf Angels and a few other fish.

Filtration - The aquarium is running on a modern version of the Berlin method, ie filtering is handled by live rock and an efficient skimmer, combined with modern methods of mechanical filtration, phosphate absorption and dosage of carbon source. The tank contains over 120 kg (260 lbs) of live rock. Two DIY upflow filters is used for media and a rollermat filter (Theiling) helps remove particles from the water.

Aquarium - The main display is a standard glass tank with eurobracing. The aquarium is a 980 liter (260 US gallons) glass tank, 200 x 70 x 70 cm, in 12mm glass with black background and black silicon.

Tank stand (DIY) - The aquarium stand is a wooden stand with doors from IKEA. The tank base is about 1 meter above the floor so it provides plenty of room for my sump and equipment inside the stand. I also like the idea of being able to look straight into the tank in standing position. The stand is isolated with sound proofing foam. Two fans ventilates the stand.

Sump (DIY) - The sump is a 380 liter (100 US gallons) tank measuring 115 x 54 x 60 cm in 10mm glass with black background. The sump is placed inside the stand under the display tank. The sump is partitioned into four sections. The sump holds about 100 liter fresh water for top off. The design allow water to flow back into the fresh water reserve instead of out on the floor in case of a failure of the equipment controlling the ATO. The return pump has its own section at the right side of the sump and the skimmer has its own section above the fresh water reservoir. A water change section holds about 100 liter water and allows me to mix new saltwater while the rest of the system is running without using any external buckets.

LED Light (DIY) - The light is a full spectrum DIY (2x275 W) LED fixture with DIY LED driver and DIY LED controller. The LED drivers was originally CAT4101 circuits but will be a mix of CAT4101 and Meanwell LDD-700L drivers. The LED controller is a very slim Arduino based stand alone 16 chn PWM controller with LCD, FAN control and RTC with battery backup.

Overflow (DIY) - The aquarium has a DIY PVC overflow made entirely from PVC pipes (no box required), utilizing a two pipe full siphon design for silent operation.

Return Pump - A powerful Laguna pump pushes 6000 liter/h (1500 gallons per hour) to my tank and reactors through a pipe manifold (DIY).

Circulation - The water movement in the tank is generated by five stream pumps each delivering a flow of 13.000 liter per hour. A controller (Tunze 7095) pulses the flow between the pumps. About half of the pumps is using the new wide flow outlets provided by Tunze.

Top Off - Top off is controlled by an ATO. The fresh water reserve is a section inside the sump. The ATO section holds water for about 1.5-2 weeks between refills. I refill this container manually. The water is filtered by a five stage reverse osmosis unit that produces water for both my tanks. The RO has a booster pump and is capable of generating 400 gpd. The water quality is measured with an inline TDS meter on the RO.

Waterchanges - I try to change about 10% of water every to every second month. I create RO/DI water in the utility area of my house, and mix new saltwater directly in the sump.

Ca Mg Alk and Carbon Supplement - A 3 channel dosing pump adds Alkalinity (NaHCO3), Calcium (CaCl2) and carbon source (12% acetic acid) to the tank. Mg and Iodine is added manually.

Temperature Control (DIY) - A DIY STC-1000 temperature controller regulates the temperature by controlling the fans and heaters. Two cooling sets with six fans each provides cooling during the summer.

Ozone and UV filters - Ozone is supplemented a few hour each night. This makes the water clear. The ozone is mixed with water in an Ozone reactor and the water and air is post filtered in a reactor filled with 3 liter carbon (GAC). ORP is supervised using a Pinpoint ORP-meter. Additionally a UVC filter is attached to the full siphon drain pipe from the aquarium.

post-2486-14468935261536_thumb.jpg

System Profile

System Water Volume: 1040 liter (275 US gallons)

Display tank: 200x70x70cm, 980 liter glass tank

Sump: 115x54x60cm DIY glass sump with a built in ATO reservoir

Display Stand: DIY stand based on IKEA kitchen doors

Equipment

Lighting: 2x275W DIY LED, mainly Cree XT-E and Cree XP-G

Skimmer: Royal Exclusive Bubble King Supermarine 250 internal

Return Pump: Laguna PT344 Max Flo 6000 (6000 l/h - 1500 gallons/h)

Circulation: 5x Tunze stream 2 610x, each 13.000 liter/h

ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155 with 100 l reservoir in sump

Filter: Theiling Rollermat automatic mechanical filter roll

Temp Control: Dual DIY STC-1000 Temperature Controller

Heater: Jaeger 2x300 W

Fan: 2x GHL PropellerBreeze II 6

Dosing: Kamoer 3 chn

Other Reactors: DIY upflow reactor (x2)

Ozone: Avast Mutiny II and custom postfilter

UV-filter: De Bary AN-25E

Auto Feeder: 2x Eheim 3581

RO/DI: Saturn 5 stage 400 gpd Reverse osmosis

post-2486-14468935261289_thumb.jpg

Livestock

Fish

Blue Tang, Paracanthurus hepatus (x2)

Purple Tang, Zebrasoma xanthurum

Sailfin Tang, Zebrasoma veliferum

Red Sea Sailfin Tang, Zebrasoma desjardini

Yellow Tang, Zebrasoma flavescens

Lipstick Tang, Naso lituratus

Red-toothed Trigger, Odonus niger

Flame Angel, Centropyge loricula (x3)

Lemonpeel Angel, Centropyge flavissima

Yellowtail Damsel, Chrysiptera parasema

Clownfish, Amphiprion ocellaris (x2)

Invertebrates

Assorted snails

Red-legged hermits

Peppermint Shrimps, Lysmata wurdemanni

Corals

Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacea

Hairy Mushroom, Rhodactis indosinensis

Blue Discosoma Mushroom, Discosoma sp.

Umbrella Leather Coral, Sarcophyton sp..

Mint green Ricordea florida mushrooms, Ricordea sp.

Water Parameter Targets

Salinity: 1.025 (Refractometer)

Temperature: 26.0 C (STC-1000)

Alkalinity: 8.6 dKH (Hanna)

Calcium: 460 ppm (Salifert)

Magnesium: 1350 dKH (Salifert)

Nitrate: 2 ppm (Red Sea / Salifert)

Phosphate: 0.06 ppm (Hanna)

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Trevligt vad är det för chip som du satsat på?

Det är LED-stjärnor med tre olika LED på varje stjärna; dels 3-up med Luxeon Rebel Cold blue 480 nm, Cyan 505 nm och Deep Red 660 nm, samt 3-up med Cree XP-E2: Green 525 nm, Amber 590 nm och Red 625 nm. Utöver dessa så skall jag beställa violetta LED, och givetvis behålla en hel del befintliga LED; hyper violet (Exotic), vita nw (Cree XP-G) och royal blue (Cree XT-E). (Trippel-LED:arna skall ersätta dagens uppstättning med deep red, green, cold blue och cyan)

post-2486-1446893528611_thumb.jpg

Jag vacklar lite mellan att sätta 4 st Violetta och 3st Cree XP-E2 (som på bilden) eller växla plats mellan dem så det blir 3st Violetta och 4st Cree XP-E2 per ramp.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Nya fiskar i akvariet sedan några dagar tillbaka... Alla dessa äter plattmaskar enligt artbeskrivningarna.

2st Mandarinfisk, Synchiropus splendidus

1st Sexbandad Gylta, Pseudocheilinus hexataenia

1st Scooter Blenny, Synchiropus ocellatus

2st Blå putsarfisk, Labroides dimidiatus

Putsarfiskarna är framme hela dagarna och sixline-wrassen ser jag dagligen. De båda mandarinfiskarna gömmer sig väl, men jag såg dem igår så nu vet jag att de klarade inkoppningen. Däremot är scouter blenny:n fortfarande borta...

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...