Gå till innehåll

Krabbor?

bb81

Rekommenderade inlägg

Jag har sett sånna krabbor i just xenia förr hittar inte så mycket info om dom men kanske det här kan hjälpa.

Xanthid crabs superficially resemble swimming crabs (see later) but note that the hind legs are of the clinging type in Xanthids not paddle shaped. Over recent years there is one species of crab which has become much more commonly encountered than in the past. This is due to the increased amount of pulsing Xenia spp. imported for the aquarium trade. The white pearlescent Xenia crab is often found ensconced in even surprisingly small colonies of Xenia soft coral. The nature of the beast is difficult to ascertain. Early encounters suggested that the crab was a harmless commensal species perhaps living off the mucus of the coral. Due to the increased volume of encounters with this animal a different story seems to be emerging. That the pulse coral is bothered by the presence of the crab is certain. I have witnessed small colonies shrink in size due to its presence. It could be that larger colonies are not bothered unduly by its behaviour as the disturbance will be shared by most of the colony rather than a small area as in the case of smaller pieces. However, there are reliable reports of the crab consuming the Xenia itself often after the colony has become damaged in some way. For this reason I must recommend removal of this undoubtedly beautiful creature.

MVH Andreas

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Du kan ju kolla litet på Anthelia också. Jag skulle sätta tillbaka krabborna. De är ju helt klart skyddsfärgade i korallen så jag tror de kommer att hålla sig där. Så länge korallen mår bra är väl allt bra. Om någon biter på den drar den ihop sig så det är ju lätt att se.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag har sett sånna krabbor i just xenia förr hittar inte så mycket info om dom men kanske det här kan hjälpa.

Xanthid crabs superficially resemble swimming crabs (see later) but note that the hind legs are of the clinging type in Xanthids not paddle shaped. Over recent years there is one species of crab which has become much more commonly encountered than in the past. This is due to the increased amount of pulsing Xenia spp. imported for the aquarium trade. The white pearlescent Xenia crab is often found ensconced in even surprisingly small colonies of Xenia soft coral. The nature of the beast is difficult to ascertain. Early encounters suggested that the crab was a harmless commensal species perhaps living off the mucus of the coral. Due to the increased volume of encounters with this animal a different story seems to be emerging. That the pulse coral is bothered by the presence of the crab is certain. I have witnessed small colonies shrink in size due to its presence. It could be that larger colonies are not bothered unduly by its behaviour as the disturbance will be shared by most of the colony rather than a small area as in the case of smaller pieces. However, there are reliable reports of the crab consuming the Xenia itself often after the colony has become damaged in some way. For this reason I must recommend removal of this undoubtedly beautiful creature.

MVH Andreas

Tack för det svaret, det låter ju helt rätt.

Den lilla kolonin har inte växt utan verkar snarare dra ihop sig. Kanske är en pulsernade Xenia men har störts av krabborna.

Tror jag tar och byter bort dessa rariteter =) Laggeman?

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

MVH Andreas

Svaret till den post som du citerar (från http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/saltwater-general-discussion/53253-xenia-crab.html) bör kanske visas upp också för "ordningens" skull - det kan ju vara krabbor som lever i symbios med xenian :ler:. Jag har två stycken små liknande krabbor som bor i en av mina acroporor, och den verkar trivas alldeles utmärkt med sällskapet (har haft både acroporan och krabborna i fem månader nu).

Thanks TRe, check out this link too. My colony is a decent size so I'm thinking it'll be ok.

BBC - Science & Nature - Sea Life - Fact files: Xanthid crab

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...