Capote

Rekommenderade inlägg

• Svar 653
  • Skapad
  • Senaste svar

Mest aktiva i detta ämne

Mest aktiva i detta ämne

Populära bilder

E det verkligen e röd euphyllia du har??? Heter den inte Cynarina lacrymalis...?

Nä jag har ingen röd euphyllia och har aldrig haft. Den har jag bara sett i Spungs bok och den verkar inte finnas ens... Men jag skulle vilja ha en om den gick att få tag i!

Den röda hjärnan man ser på bilden på dan och när den käkar plankton på natten är förmodligen en Cynarina lacrymalis som du skriver.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 veckor senare...

Jag såg att jag hade fått nya yngel i burken. Så jag var uppe och fångade i ficklampans sken och då fick jag se att min gröna fingerväxande Tubastrea börjat slå ut efter två veckor i burken. Jag har aldrig tidigare lyckats något vidare med denna sort. Så här såg den ut, hoppas att resten av polyperna kommer om ett par dagar. Jag hoppas och tror att den gillar plankton.

Jag blev förtjust i den här korallen när jag dök i Thailland för 6-7 år sedan. Det var ett dykställe som jag tror de kallde Christmas Point efter de här gröna fingerväxande Tubastreorna som växte på stora släta klippor som små julgranar. För övrig såg vi Manta och haj vid samma dyk, så det var en upplevelse.

post-2062-14468912566833_thumb.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Kul Capote, är de lika svåra som den svarta varianten? Matar du den dagligen? Vilka yngel var det?

Alltid en fröjd att se dina koraller!

Tack

Ja, jag kör i levande plankton nästan varje dag nu. Så jag target-matar inte Tubastreorna. De orange/gula slår ut direkt när jag häller i plankton oavsett om det är ljust eller mörkt. Den gröna har jag nu sett för första gången och det var på natten. Hoppas den så småningom slår ut dagtid också:snurrig:... Vet inte om de är svårare/lättare än den svarta.

Ynglen var Fridmani och de är nu vidarebefodrade till ett proffs på området. Vi får se hur det går. De leker regelbundet var 5-6 vecka och detta är första gången jag provar att fånga för att ge till odlaren. Jag har tyvärr ingen plats att dra upp yngel själv.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag funderar på att ge dessa räkor ett försök. Jag har nästan gett upp med att försöka dra upp putsarräkor nu. Men inte riktigt ;).

Hej Clownen, jag vet inte om du syftade på mina yngel som alltså är Pseudochromis fridmani inte någon räka. Du kanske tänkte på wurdemanni .. eller så menade du något helt annat.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Angående Tubastraea hittade jag denna artikel på nordicreefforum:

Feeding Methods and Handling Tubastraea

Due to the lack of Zooxanthellae, Tubastraea spp. MUST be fed by the aquarist between 1-7 times a week to maintain health and growth. **This is not a coral for the lazy**. It is believed that each polyp must be individually fed on meaty offerings such as vitamin enriched brine and Mysis shrimp, along with other foods along the lines of, chopped mussel, Cyclop-eze™, pieces of raw oil fish, etc, and as I found out by accident they will quite readily accept marine pellets, namely; Ocean Nutrition™ Small Formula One and Two pellet.

When choosing a "sun coral" try and go for one that is already feeding well and shows little sign of starvation. An under-fed, malnourished animal is relatively easy to spot, the tell-tale signs are apparent; such as clearly showing calices (cups) and corallites (tubes). The coenosarc (flesh / skin) covering the cups will also appear to be extremely thin.

After transportation and acclimatisation, a newly acquired sun coral maybe reluctant to expand its tentacles in preparation for feeding. These tentacles are used to capture and incapacitate prey which range in size from planktonic forms to small fish. One way of coaxing the polyps to expand and open, is to very gently “woft” / blow a small amount of Brine shrimp juice, Phyto-plankton, Cyclop-eze™, or , Coral Vibrance™ over the cups of the coral.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = V /><V:SHAPE id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><V:STROKE joinstyle="miter"></V:STROKE><V:ULAS><V:F eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 1 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @2 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 0 1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @6 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></V:F></V:ULAS><V:PATH gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f" o:connect="rect"></V:PATH><O:LOCK aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></O:LOCK></V:SHAPE><V:SHAPE id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 456pt; HEIGHT: 84.75pt" alt="" ="#_x0000_t75"><V:IMAGEDATA src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Bo/LOKALE~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg" o:href="

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/evilervin/Image6.jpg" target="_blank">

2006-03-19_185231_Image6.jpg</V:IMAGEDATA></V:SHAPE><O:P></O:P>

If, after several days / nights (sometimes a couple of weeks) of "wofting" the polyps still fail to show any sign of opening, its possible that the coral may no longer have enough energy remaining to expand, as a result the slow process of starvation will begin, along with tissue thinning and recession, eventually leading to death.

On a brighter note, it’s not all doom and gloom. Once Tubastraea is accepting your meaty offerings and the feeding regime is maintained, it’s a hardy inhabitant that will reward you with a daily stunning display of large, usually intensely coloured polyps, and in time daughter colonies within the aquarium (see, reproduction).

Once the coral is opening enough for you to feed, there are various methods of delivering food stuffs to the polyps that can be employed, here I will try and explain some of these methods.

If the coral is going to be fed within the aquarium, the simplest means is to use a syringe or turkey baster to deliver individual Mysis / Artemia to the oral disc and tentacles of the polyp. This is my preferred method of feeding, except for the fact my hand & arm are constantly within the aquarium. Fearing the introduction of toxic substances etc, I decided to make a device for target feeding the coral without the need for me to place my hands in the tank. - Pictured below -<O:P></O:P>

<V:SHAPE id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 372pt; HEIGHT: 2in" alt="" ="#_x0000_t75"><V:IMAGEDATA src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Bo/LOKALE~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg" o:href="

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/evilervin/gogfeed.jpg" target="_blank">

2006-03-19_185328_gogfeed.jpg</V:IMAGEDATA></V:SHAPE><O:P></O:P>

The rate Artemia / Mysis exit the device is controlled by very gently blowing down the affixed air line, and as an aid, an air line tap is fitted to help restrict the flow of air. Also within the orange shoulder of the devise is a small piece of cotton wool / filter floss acting as a spit trap (just in case).

If feeding within the aquarium, the food offered to the coral may be “stolen” by shrimps (which will actually remove the food from the gut) and fish. One method to combat this is to cover the coral will half a Coke™ bottle or similar, this is sometimes known as the “top hat” method. Another method of fending off unwanted visitors is to “guard” the coral with an acrylic rod, this incidentally is the method I use because none of my colonies will fit within a fizzy drinks bottle once expanded.

Another popular method to feed this wonderful animal is to remove the coral from the aquaria in a suitably sized container. To carry out this procedure it is necessary to submerge the container, pick the coral up by the underside (scoop it up with an open hand) and place it within the container, ensuring complete water coverage of the coral (don't forget to allow for polyp expansion) when the coral is removed. Once the polyps have expanded feeding can commence with your chosen foods. After the coral has moved the food down to its gut, it maybe placed back within the aquarium by means of reversing the above proceeder.

If you’re going to be handling the coral great care must be taken. Although the main skeletal body is strong, the coenosarc, corallites and calices are fragile and easily damaged. Under no circumstances should the coral be removed from the water and exposed to the air if the polyps are extended. The result from such an action can be torn tissue around the calice edge and in some instances this is irreparable.

When feeding Tubastraea, it’s important to remember that its very easy to increase the NO3, PO4 and dissolved organics within the system due to the regurgitation of food (if it had eyes, they'd definitely be bigger than its belly), and food that "escapes" the polyps un-checked whilst feeding within the aquarium. There are many ways around this problem; ample detritus eaters / scavengers amongst the clean-up crew, heavy skimming and high flow, “algae scrubber” sumps, removing uneaten food, removing the coral for feeding (note: doesn’t help with regurgitation), regular water changes, and of course, only feeding little and often.

<O:P></O:P>

<!-- Signature -->

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Fin bild. Jag har slutat använda klämman och sätter bara ned en ganska stor bit Nori och låter dem själva slita och dra bitar ur biten. De lär sig att samarbeta för att få loss bitar ur tången.

Kul att se att Tubastraea kan matas med pellets också (i artikeln). Tyvärr är man själv för lat till riktad korallutfordring.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Ja och det är svårt med targetmatning. Den lilla "vattenpuff" som uppstår när man matar får ofta till effekt att korallen drar ihop sig. Det gäller kanske inte tubastrea men många andra. Därför hoppas jag mycket på levande plankton för att långsiktigt få lägre djur som kalkrörmaskar, musslor m.m. och koraller utan zooxantheller att överleva och utvecklas utan en massa pillande med targetmatning. Detta är en förhoppning och tubastreorna får vara min "testbänk" just nu.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag kör så där traditionellt med ljuset att jag släcker MH och låter blåljuset lysa ett tag efter det. Jag tillsätter 50 % under den perioden då alla korallerna är max utslagna. Sen kör jag resterande 50 % när det varit mörkt ett tag och korallerna hunnit få ut sina fångstarmar för natten. Det bästa är att tillsätta mer kontinuerligt med en doserpump än vad jag gör, men jag har inte vågat dra igång någon automatik i detta ännu. Jag måste har mer erfarenhet först. Om planktonkulturen t.ex. kraschar och man med automatik pytsar ut det i burken så får man en rätt onödig belastning.

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 veckor senare...

Lite fler bilder.

1) Acropora med rosa toppar, jag provar att ha den rätt långt ned i burken. Få se hur det går.

2) Lysmata amboinensis som poserar. Kul med det där beteendet när de rör främre benparet fram och tillbaka för att locka fiskar till putsstationen.

3) Vissa koraller av ungefär samma art går att sätta tätt.

4) Acropora Tricolor, heter hos mig Acropora Norbergi.

5) Polyperna blir bara längre och längre på denna Acropora, kanske borde skaffa mig en kejsare som nopprar lite

post-2062-14468912604257_thumb.jpg

post-2062-1446891260441_thumb.jpg

post-2062-14468912604566_thumb.jpg

post-2062-14468912604752_thumb.jpg

post-2062-14468912604949_thumb.jpg

Länka till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gå med i konversationen

Du kan posta nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att posta med ditt konto.

Svara på detta ämne...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återskapats.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa Ny...